How to Treat
Migraines Head Pains
Modern research has shown some effective pain management methods. Use these to manage your migraine.
Amino acids intake helps considerably in overcoming migraine and other pains. Amino acids maintain all the body tissues in your body.
The body's pain prevention, thus migraine prevention, system is fuelled by the following amino acids: Endodorphin, Serotonin, GABA
We suggest consumption of following Endodorphin
containing foods to prevent Migraines:
Serotonin Sources to fight against
- Chocolate: The N-acyclethanoloamine group of chemicals found in chocolate stimulates channels in the brain to release endorphins.
- Strawberries: These are a rich source of vitamin C, which helps in the production of endorphins and aid the absorption of iron.
- Ice-creams: They contain a good amount of calcium, proten, vitamin A, riboflavin and vitamin B12. Eat these only occasionally.
- Pasta: contains proteins and very little or no fat, complex carbohydrates, which fill us up while releasing energy slowly.
They contain two amino acids, tryptophan and L-pheny-lalanine, these produce endorphins. Lack of protein in your food can
cause depression in your moods if intakes of these amino acids is low in your diet. Eat pasta made from whole wheat flour.
- Bananas: This fruit is high in potassium that is an essential mineral for nerve functions. The natural sugars in bananas are released fast
into the bloodstream, making one feel energetic. The banana also contains a lot of starchy carbohydrate that will uplift your mood and make
you feel good..
- Grapes: They contain a good amount of endorphin-producing vitamin C and are full of natural sugar for energy.
- Oranges: are a rich source of vitamin C; this vitamin produces endorphins in the body.. Additionally oranges contain large amount of B vitamins,
antioxidants and flavonoids.
- Nuts: high content of B vitamins, proteins and selenium. Selenium is a mineral that has been proved to have positive mood-influencing properties.
- Sesame: It is a good source of protein, antioxidant vitamin E and calcium. These seeds are a good source of protein for vegetarians.
- Flax seeds/oil
- Fatty fish such mackerel and sardines, all of these have high levels of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Eggs: are protein rich and contain amino acids and essential fatty acids necessary to produce serotonin. Egg whites are ranked very high
on the serotonin food list. Lower levels of tryptophan are found in milk and a variety of cheeses. Cottage cheese and yogurt are also good foods
to eat to increase and maintain your serotonin levels.
The above foods will decrease your chances of being subjected to migraines and improve your mood too.
- Gabapentin is anticonvulsant and has analgesic activity as a drug; gabapentin prevents seizures and reduces pain related responses.
may be taken with or without food. Users may get side effects. Therefore consult your doctor if you get any side effects
If you get flashes of light, blind spots in front of your eyes, tingling feeling in your arms and legs, nausea and vomiting, and increased sensitivity to light
and sound, you are heading towards Migraine pain. The pain that accompany migraines may last for a few hours or even a few days.
The migraines pain in your head causes the sympathetic nervous system to respond with feelings of nausea, diarrhoea, and vomitting. This response also delays the
emptying of the stomach into the small intestine theraby affecting food absorption into the body, decreases the blood circulation that will lead to
your hands and feet becoming very cold, and a very high increase in sensitivity to light.
Natural Foods with Amino Acids
1. Foods with 50% Amino Acid
- Cottage Cheese
2. Foods with between 20-30% Amino Acid
- Green Vegetables
2. What causes migraines?
Most people who are prone to and suffer from migraines head pains should take precautionary measures to avoid triggering or factors that cause the Migarines headaches.
Some important factors to prevent migraines pains are:-:
Commercial Prepared Amino Acid Supplements to prevent Migraines.
- Avoid foods and activity that cause Allergies and allergic reactions.
- Avoid Bright lights, loud noises, and certain odors or perfumes.
- Be calm and avoid Physical or emotional stress
- Void Changes in sleep patterns or irregular sleep
- Stop smoking or exposure to smoke cigarettes and tobbaco.
- You should not skip a meal. Do not resort to fating.
- Do not consume Alcohol
- Menstrual cycle fluctuations, birth control pills, hormone fluctuations during menopause onset
- Tension headaches
- Foods containing tyramine, these are red wine, aged cheese, smoked fish, chicken livers, figs, and some beans.
Avoid also monosodium glutamate (MSG), or nitrates (like bacon, hot dogs, and salami)
- Other foods such as butter, chocolates, nuts, peanut, avocado, banana, citrus, onions, dairy products, and fermented or pickled foods.
You can consume supplements of : Endodorphin, Serotonin, GABA
that are available at Chemist Shops.
If you have sufficient time Read Full Details about Amino acids and Migraine Pain